February 26 – March 27
Drawing Together: Renewal
Artists are invited to submit works that respond to the theme of ‘renewal’. This may relate to personal renewal, community renewal or renewal in the places and spaces observed around them.
2D & 3D works invited; Works may include: Drawing with thread; ephemeral works; drawing in a sculptural space; drawing in print; digital drawing; collaborative works; mixed media; drawing on paper and more…
This exhibition provides an opportunity for regional artists to be showcased at NEXIS (Narrogin Exhibition Space) in February 2021.
Entries close: Friday 27th November 2020
Artwork details due: Friday 29th January 2021
Work due: Friday 19 February 2021
Exhibition opening: Friday 26 February 2021
Exhibition runs: 27 February – 27 March 2021
Work available for collection: 30 March 2021
Terms & Conditions
- Entries are open to artists living in regional Western Australia.
- Sculpture, textiles, two dimensional paintings, works on paper or mixed-media works will be accepted.
- Up to three (3) works may be submitted per artist
- Works must be newly produced for the ‘Drawing Together: Renewal’ exhibition and not previously exhibited elsewhere.
- Works must be your own design and made by you as the Artist.
- There is no size limit to works; however works over 1.2m x 1.2m require consultation with the curator.
- Two dimensional works must be suitably mounted or framed with provision for hanging. All artworks that require hanging need to have D-rings on the back. 3D works must be stable, have suitable bases, and comply with WHS legislation.
- Works comprising multiple pieces must be accompanied by clear hanging / assemblage instructions
- An artist statement of between 100-500 words must accompany each work. The artist statement must relate to the theme of ‘renewal’ and is to be submitted with the artwork details by Friday 29th January 2021.
- Each work must be suitably labelled with artists details (Arts Narrogin will provide label templates and instructions).
- It is the responsibility of the artist to deliver and collect works to and from ARtS SPACE by the appointed dates.
- The curator reserves the right to reject any work on the grounds that the material, subject matter, method or standard of production is considered unsuitable for the purpose of the exhibition. Works not selected will have the entry fee refunded.
- Entrant agrees to have their work remain on display until the close of the exhibition.
- The entrant permits promotional photography, filming and other reproduction of their work to aid cataloguing, publicity and sales (this may include publication in any form of media).
- While all reasonable care will be taken, no responsibility will be accepted for loss or damage to work. Artists are responsible for effective packaging and arranging their own insurance.
- All works must comply with Australian Law; this is the full responsibility of the Artist. The laws include Copyright, Indigenous and Cultural Law and Local, State and Federal Laws. All works must satisfy current WHS guidelines & legislation.
- Works must be for sale.
- Artist’s asking price must include commission and GST if applicable.
- A commission rate of 25% (inc GST) for Arts Narrogin gallery volunteers and 35% (inc GST) for non-volunteers applies to each artwork and must be included in the retail price. This is separate to the Entry Fee.
- An Entry Fee of $ 5.00 per artwork is payable on application. Entry Fees are not refundable (unless cancellation of exhibition by the Gallery for any reason).
- Entries Close Friday 27th November, no late entries will be accepted. Work must be received at Arts Space by 3pm, Friday 19 February
- Entry forms available via the Arts Narrogin Facebook page and website, Narrogin Library, CRCs in participating towns, or by email
- Completed entry forms to be submitted online via the website, paid in person at Art SPACE (Shop 2, 80 Federal St Narrogin) or posted with payment (by cheque or money order made out to Arts Narrogin Incorporated) to: ARtS Narrogin, PO Box 1168, Narrogin WA 6312