Embroidered Portrait Workshop
with Susie Vickery
July 13 @ 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
10am – 1pm Saturday 13th July 2019
ARtS SPACE, 80 Federal St Narrogin
In this workshop Susie will teach how to embroider a portrait using free form straightstitch. Beginning with a sample image, you will learn the technique of sketching withthread.
Then you will be able to start embroidering an image of your choosing. Susie will explainhow to transfer the image onto the cloth using a light box and then use the techniquesalready learnt to interpret your portrait.
We will also experiment with different thickness of thread to see the variety of effects able to be achieved.
What to bring:
• A portrait/photograph of a person’s face that you would like to embroider.
• A printout of the photograph where the face is approx 10cm high. (The copy can beblack and white but you will need to bring a colour version to work from)
• Thread clippers or small scissors
• Your favourite embroidery needles
• A thimble if you use one
• Any embroidery threads that you love
What will be supplied:
• embroidery rings
• markers to transfer the image
• tracing paper